Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

memory card error displayed when inserted into photosmart 5510 , both printer and card are new. the card is a sdhc and used in an olympus no problem viewing photos directly on pc ,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello dustygaz

I have a few questions. What size SDHC are you using and how is it formatted (FAT, FAT32, NTFS)? You may want to backup your pictures and try formatting the card to FAT32 and see if you continue to have the error.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello dustygaz

I have a few questions. What size SDHC are you using and how is it formatted (FAT, FAT32, NTFS)? You may want to backup your pictures and try formatting the card to FAT32 and see if you continue to have the error.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

HP Recommended

Hello Travis_C

Wish to thank you for your advice , I formatted the card as you said and now it works perfectly with the printer , thank you once again.

Dustygaz

HP Recommended

Hello dustygaz

Glad we could get the issue resolved! :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi

My HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 with all computers on or off I am getting the error message "memory card error", yet there is no memory card inserted. This computer is connceted to a home network and I have tried turning on and off the different computers connected to the network as well as rebooting the printer. What causes this problem?

thank you

wanagi1964

HP Recommended

Hi

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910. Suddenly, with or without computers turned on I get an error message that read " memory card error". Yet there is no memory card inserted. What could cause this problem?

I can't scan or copy, I can print if I turn the printer off and then on again but then it goes back to the same error message. Any Suggestions?

wanagi1964

HP Recommended
Hello wanagi31206

Try the steps provided by momentomick on the thread HP6500 - Memory Card Error

If the problem persists the memory card reader may have a physical problem, but let me know if it worked or not as a reset might also resolve the problem. Radhe, the user that posted after momentomick, indicates a reset fixed it for him.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart C7180 All. It has given excellent service. Soetimes when I enter a photo card I get the response "Error on Card" on these occasions I work directly through my computer.

Because of the simplicity of the printer program I would prefer to wrk through my computer.

How can this be done.

jhindle

HP Recommended

Hello jhindle,

I'm not clear on the issue you are having.  Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps resolve your issue. 

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

I have a 16Gb SDHC card that is formatted to FAT32 and it is still showing the memory card error 😞 

I have HP photosmart 5515 and the memory card works fine with my computer, just used it to transfer photos 2 minutes ago. Trying to scan a document to my memory card but when I insert it it says memory card error 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.