06-17-2009 01:45 PM
I am trying to install the drivers for my HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-One printer by downloading the software from the hp website. I have vista ultimate 64 bit, but when i click the setup file to start the instal i get a message telling me it's not a valid win 32 application.
anyone know how to fix this problem?
06-17-2009 11:23 PM
maybe the file that you downloaded is not compatible with windows Vista OS. Try to download this link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
regards... --- 1234 ----
06-22-2009 11:15 PM
- Click the Windows icon
- In the Start Search box, type temp , and then press Enter to open the temp folder.NOTE: If the User Account Control window appears, click Continue .
- In the temp folder, click Organize .
- Click Select All .
- With the files selected, click Organize , and then click Delete to delete all of the files in the temp folder.
- Close the temp folder.
- Click the Windows icon and then click Computer .
- Double-click C:\ , where C is the letter of the hard drive where the files will be copied.
- Create a new folder on the hard drive by right-clicking the empty pane in C:\, selecting New , and then clicking Folder .
- Right-click the new folder, and then click Rename .
- Type hpdisk to name the folder, and then press Enter .
- Insert the product software CD into the CD or DVD drive.
- Right-click the Windows icon and then click Explore . Windows Explorer opens.
- On the left side of the window, click the CD or DVD drive letter. The contents of the drive appear on the right side of the window.
- Click Organize and then click Select All .
- With the files selected, click Organize , and then click Copy .
- Exit Windows Explorer.
- Double-click the hpdisk folder created in Step two to open it.
- Click Organize and then click Paste to paste the installation files in the hpdisk folder.NOTE: If the error message ' Cannot copy from source disk or drive ' or ' Cannot copy specified file ' displays and other CDs work correctly in the CD or DVD drive, the HP printer software CD is probably defective. Go to Solution five: Order a replacement printer software CD.
- Click the Windows icon
- In the Start Search box, type C:\hpdisk\setup.exe (where C is the letter of the hard drive where the files were copied), and then press Enter .
- Double-click C:\hpdisk\setup.exe .
- On the User Account Control window, click Continue .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.NOTE: If the User Account Control window opens, click Continue .
- Click here to go to the Download drivers and software page.
- Under Which operating system is used with your product? or Select operating system , click Microsoft Windows Vista .
- Under CD-ROM order page , click the name of the product CD to order it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the order for the CD.
07-09-2009 12:13 PM - edited 07-09-2009 02:45 PM
I have the same problem trying to install C4599 in Vista Ultimate. I see "%1 is not a valid Win32 application". I tried the CD and tried the downloaded full and driver only software. None works. The CD installs into my XP computer so there is nothing wrong with it.
After posting this my computer hard drive failed to start upon reboot. I removed the hard drive and replaced it - bad connection I suppose. I installed the software but it isn't complete so it won't connect through network. I have some things to try yet......
Device driver will not install no matter the source (CD or download)
07-09-2009 05:16 PM
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation