07-03-2014 06:46 PM
Officejet 4500 all-in-one won't print. The error message on the printer reads "busy"; it is stuck in fax mode. I have turned it off and on again, reinstalled the drivers, and the same error message appears.
07-07-2014 09:32 AM
Please let me take a moment to say "Welcome" to the HP Forums.
I hope you enjoy your experience!
I see that you are having an issue with the printer not responding and displaying a "Busy" error.
Please make sure that you have the printer power cable connected directly to a wall outlet and not a power bar/strip. Here is a document that uses a LaserJet printer as an example but it is meant for HP products in general. Please click on the following link that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue or not. I have other steps that we can try if you are still having issues.
Thank you for your time.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation