09-07-2011 09:27 AM
When trying to reinstall a 6500 E709a after a bad system crash, I keep getting "Fatal Error" and "older version of HP Product Assistant cannot be removed". I have Windows XP and am using a USB connection for the 6500. I've uninstalled, rebooted and done the disk clean-up recommended by HP to try to resolve the issue but to no avail. Although the installation repeatedly failed, each time I could print with it. But when trying to scan, the 6500 says "no scan options" after the query "Select Computer".
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation