01-20-2014 08:55 PM
My Officejet Pro L7555 worked fine on Windows 7 Pro, and also on Windows 8 64bit. But when my Acer Aspire notebook did a Windows 8.1 update, printer failed to print. Afteer multiple attemts to re-install using the windows installer, the download starts downloading the 388 MB file from HP's site, but upon completion, installation stops with an error message from HP indicating install cannot continue and to retry. I have done this "5" times until red in my eyes and no success. I've ran the scrubber " 3" times, doing a level 4 uninstall and tried a reinstall but same results - failure to install. I have been trying for 2 weeks and have given up. I have the 388MB driver file downloaded on to my hard drive, but don't know how to install without using the windows installer.
I see other Officejet Pros having the same issue with Windows 8.1 and those people give up and through their HP printer out the door and buy a competitive model. I have connected an old HP 4250N Laserjet and it works, but I need color and scanning capability, and faxing using my L7555.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation