Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have had the 1102w all set up and running on my network, printing from 4 different computers. This morning, I changed from a westell/Belkin modem/router combination to a new verizon modem-router. I created a new network with wpa2 security. I got all the computers set up but the printer wouldn't print -- the printer dialogue box reported an error in printing (no error message, just in the printer task box, an error was reported). The blue light keeps blinking. I figured it was because the printer was trying to talk to the new modem but didn't have the wpa key. This also meant that i couldn't go into the printer from one of the wireless computers to change any settings. I tried installing it on my Surface via USB, but then I didn't know what to do. I have tried restarting and reseting everything. I even turned the security off on the network so it wouldn't require a password. But still, the blue light blinks quickly and then goes off. The configuration page shows all 0.0.0.0 for various addresses even theough the computer is still looking on the IP address which the printer used to keep.

Please help! How can I get the printer to reconnect to my new network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

In order to connect the printer to your new wireless router you should use the software installation interface as following:

1.  Download and run the latest software below. the installation extract itself, then close the launched setup screen:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-80329-8&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...
  2. Browse to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution and run the HpSetup.exe file.
  3. select Easy install, then select the HP Laserjet Professional P1100w Series.
  4. select Configure to print over the Wireless Network.
  5. Click Next and follow the steps on screen.
    Note: the installation will prompt you to temporarly connect a USB cable to deliver the wireless settings to the printer, be sure to unplug it once the configuration completes and the installation prompts to do so.

Once the configuration completes, be sure to reboot the other PCs and ensure that everything is up and running.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hi,

In order to connect the printer to your new wireless router you should use the software installation interface as following:

1.  Download and run the latest software below. the installation extract itself, then close the launched setup screen:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-80329-8&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...
  2. Browse to C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution and run the HpSetup.exe file.
  3. select Easy install, then select the HP Laserjet Professional P1100w Series.
  4. select Configure to print over the Wireless Network.
  5. Click Next and follow the steps on screen.
    Note: the installation will prompt you to temporarly connect a USB cable to deliver the wireless settings to the printer, be sure to unplug it once the configuration completes and the installation prompts to do so.

Once the configuration completes, be sure to reboot the other PCs and ensure that everything is up and running.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you. I kept looking through threads and threads until I found that someone had success by completely deleting and removing the printer and reinstalling it from scratch so I tried that and I have it working on 3 laptops so far. I'll try the 4th when the setup finishes and hope that things are back to what used to be normal. I wish that someone had told me that if I plug in a new network, I have to wipe out all remnants of the old printer and begin again.

HP Recommended

I've tried everything but the printer can't find a wireless network either automatically or manually with an SSID.

Any ideas what to do next??

HP Recommended

Hi stevemalone

I understand you aren't able to setup the printer on the wireless network.

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

What is the full name and product number of your printer?

What have you tried so far?

Can you print out a configuration page by holding down the x button on the printer, when it makes noise then let go?

What does it show for  the ip address?

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

What operating system are you using? (winxp, win7, win8, win8.1)

>>Windows 7

What is the full name and product number of your printer?

>>HP LaserJet Professional P1102w

What have you tried so far?

Followed the instructions given by Shlomil 

Can you print out a configuration page by holding down the x button on the printer, when it makes noise then let go?

>>Yes

What does it show for  the ip address?

Hope this helps...

HP Recommended

Hi stevemalone

The ip address should start with 192. or 10. so we will have to restore the printer defaults and start fresh. This url shows you how to reset the printer defaults.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02486112

Print out a configuration report and make sure the ssid and ip address are cleared.
(hold down the x button and when the printer makes a noise let go) The ip address should now be 0.0.0.0.

After the reset, disconnect the routers power cable, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the power cable. Wait till it's ready.

If the printer software is already installed then do the following steps.
Plug the printer back into the computer with the usb cable.
Then go to start, all programs, hp, laserjet, wireless configuration wizard, follow the steps to setup the wireless. Should be able to print wirelessly now.

If the printer software isn't installed then do the following steps.

Disconnect the usb cable.

Go to start, my computer, right click on the cd drive and open, double click on uninstall.

Then run the setup.exe from the cd again to install the printer. Don't connect the usb cable until prompted to. The wireless should now be configured.

Hope that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks that worked...

Was very long-winded about it though...:)

HP Recommended

Your very welcome, have a great day.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

NP..

Just two more points....

The first time I restarted the computer after applying the fix I got a blue screen of death saying the print spooler had caused a memory error.  Once I restarted again it was fixed though.

Secondly, I can't see any 'solved' button only 'reply'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.