Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet CM1415fnw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I am not able to access network menu on my HP LaserJet CM1415fnw printer. I get asked for a password which I can't even remember to have set ! Could you please help me to get a new password so I can get access to the menus on my printer? Thanks a lot in advance!

Same problem !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @zoberli,

I understand you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415. I will be happy to help.

Your printer will need to be reset. I'll private message you the instructions you need to do so. Note that the reset will erase your wireless settings so you'll likely have to reconnect to your network when the reset's finished. (It's just like setting up the printer out of box at that point).   

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day.

If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, and welcome to the HP Community @zoberli,

I understand you have forgotten the administrative password for your HP LaserJet Pro CM1415. I will be happy to help.

Your printer will need to be reset. I'll private message you the instructions you need to do so. Note that the reset will erase your wireless settings so you'll likely have to reconnect to your network when the reset's finished. (It's just like setting up the printer out of box at that point).   

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day.

If this helps, show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

@ merci beaucoup !!!!

HP Recommended

Hello, I am needing assistance with couple items:

1.  I need to knwo how to reset my password on my HP Laserjet CM1415fnw

2.  Regarding e - print:  I don't recall my email that I had used when I set up that account so I am unable to reset that password and I cannot creat a new account as it has informed me that the printer has already been registered.  If you email me regarding instructions on how to reset my password, I can you my printer email address and my printer code taht I had used to register my printer.  When I set this printer up I was using it for my business but I haven't had that business for 3 years now and I don't have access to that email address any longer.

I woudl appreciate your assistance.

Thank you,

Melissa

HP Recommended

I am having problems adjusting my printer settings because the printer is asking for a password and I don't remember setting one either, though I may have but I have had the printer for a number of years.  Can you help me reset my printer's password please?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. please, somebody, help me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.