Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet 3600n

Hello friends at HP-

I've got two Color LaserJet 3600n printers here at the office. I've replaced all colored catridges in both and am getting the same error message: Error 54.16.

According to hp.com the erros is:

54.16 PRINTER ERROR

Description

There is a problem with the Magenta CPR sensor.

Action
  1. Turn the printer off, and turn it on again.

2. Clean the color registration detection sensor above the black print cartridge if the error does not clear.

3. If this message persists, contact HP.

I've done actions 1 and 2, along with taking all the cartridges out and then back in. Still same error message on both. Please help!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

According to the CLJ3600 Service Manual, the 54.16 error is the following:

54.XX ERROR An error has occurred with one of the tonerlevel

sensors.

XX Description:

15 Yellow

16 Magenta

17 Cyan

18 Black

The toner cartridges have a "light pipe" on the right-rear side, it is a rectangular clear plastic the reveals the toner level in the cartridge.  The printer shines an LED light through the light pipe and then receives the light returned as feedback.  You could try to clean the LED emitter and receiver in the toner cavity back plate corresponding to the cartridge light pipe. 

Regards,

Dave

I work for HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.