12-19-2008 10:44 AM
While troubleshooting a printer I un-installed a LaserJet 1150 and a PhotoSmart 7550.
Both printers worked, I could use etither as I wished but got a pop up on re-boot I wanted to check.
I have re-installed the LaserJet 1150 using the disk that came with it when it was new. During installation, I choose Local Printer and USB connection and the test page prints.
After installation finishes and I re boot, the printer will not print and its' properties shows it is connected to a DOT4 port, not a USB port.
I have not added another port, I am wondering why, when this computer and printer were compatable before, they are not now.
I have not rolled back to a pre-uninstall restore, I want to know what has happened.
Perhaps the un-install was the computer equivalent of a virtual divorce
HP LaserJet 1150.
HP DeskJet 5900.
HP PhotoSmart A-526.
HP PhotoSmart 7550.
Windows XP Pro.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation