Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro p1606dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I just recently installed a LaserJet Pro p1606dn onto my Dell Optiplex 755. I am running Window 7 32-bit. The LaserJet works and prints just fine. However, I keep getting Event Log Monitor errors from the device. Here is an actual Event Log Monitor error I receive:

Event time: 11Apr 2016 12:17:11

Source: Service Control Manager

Event Log: System

Type: Error

Event ID: 7034

Event User: N/A

The HP LaserJet Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this3345 time(s).

How do I correct this and/or turn this "LaserJet Service" off? Is it done at the LaserJet or is it a configuration change/modification within the PC?

Thanks,

Rich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are getting the message "HP Laserjet Service service terminated unexpectedly".
I would be happy to help you. 

I would suggest turning off the HP Laserjet Service from the Startup list. Here is a document for how to access that menu:  How to use MSCONFIG in Windows 7.
When you get to step 4 of the document, look for the HP Laserjet Service and uncheck it from the list.
Apply the settings.
This shouldn't affect the performance of the printer.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons.
Let me know how you make out. Cheers!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are getting the message "HP Laserjet Service service terminated unexpectedly".
I would be happy to help you. 

I would suggest turning off the HP Laserjet Service from the Startup list. Here is a document for how to access that menu:  How to use MSCONFIG in Windows 7.
When you get to step 4 of the document, look for the HP Laserjet Service and uncheck it from the list.
Apply the settings.
This shouldn't affect the performance of the printer.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" buttons.
Let me know how you make out. Cheers!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help! That did the trick!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.