Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I have to update my post --

This is a persistent problem.

Sometimes printing a test page alone does not work. I've found I need to reboot the printer perhaps several times before it will print again.

This means

Clearly, this is a software or mechanical issue in the printer.

I'm looking forward to throwing this one out when it finally truely stops working. Maybe after I use up the last batch of cartridges I bought.

HP Recommended

Please help.

I have an HP 5740 Officejet...

I had NO problem printing... then I changed the black ink cartridge.

The test print was fine.

So I should have been ready to go....

BUT

Every time I try and print, the stupid 'media tray empty' comes up and the print queue empties itself.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and every form of paper feed.

The copy function on the printer works, so, paper is going through it.

UGH.  So frustrating.

I'm running wirelessly from a MacBookPro OS 10.6.8

HELP HELP HELP

I am tempted to go and buy a new printer... and NOT an HP.

HP Recommended

I am unable to hook up my new HP 7640 printer to my Mac wireless network, because I get a "Media Tray Empty" message.

How can I get my printer to work from my Mac laptop?

HP Recommended

The same happened with my printer; I found that unplugging the printer and disconnecting, then replugging and reconnecting allowed the printer to return to normal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.