02-24-2011 06:40 PM
I have an Officejet Pro L7680. I have been attempting all day to reinstall the printer on my computer. After trying to clear up multiple problems, instead of using my disk, I downloaded the installation software from HP just in case. Every time the download failed, it would run the uninstall and restart the computer. Then I would try again and again. However, now I get the message that a newer version of the software is already installed on my computer and just to plug in my printer and the computer will find it and install it. Well, I do that and it does not find the printer. I even restarted the computer hoping on a start up it would recognize it, but I had no luck. I cannot find any software loaded on the computer for the printer, so I have no where to go to uninstall any newer version. It is making me crazy now and I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I need this comuter for work.
05-28-2011 05:14 PM
I am having exactly the same problem and fully understand the utter frustration. Anyone out there with the solution please short of rebuilding the laptop. Will very much appreciate any help/guidance! Many thanks!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation