Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet CM1312nfiMFP

First, printer screen is blue with hp logo.  Then it briefly turns purple while the green ready light and orange exclamation point flash.  Next it says Initializing while the two lights continue to flash.  Then the Ready screen appears briefly then it says printing and sounds like it is printing but no paper comes out.  Then it starts all over again. And if I try to send a document from my laptop to the printer it says, "Printer in an error state."

The printer's warranty has expired.  I hope you can help!  Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You probably have a bad job trying to print from the computer which confuses the printer every time the printer comes to ready and starts the sequence.  Disconnect the printer from the computer and see if the printer comes to ready when you turn it on.  If it does, go into the computer and click on the printer to bring up what is printing and delete all printing jobs, turn the computer off and then back on and reconnect the printer and everything should be ok.  I assume no other computer is turned on and prints to this printer.  If not the case turn the other computers off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You probably have a bad job trying to print from the computer which confuses the printer every time the printer comes to ready and starts the sequence.  Disconnect the printer from the computer and see if the printer comes to ready when you turn it on.  If it does, go into the computer and click on the printer to bring up what is printing and delete all printing jobs, turn the computer off and then back on and reconnect the printer and everything should be ok.  I assume no other computer is turned on and prints to this printer.  If not the case turn the other computers off.

HP Recommended

Cannot THANK YOU a enough!!  You are a lifesaver!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.