Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and my 3210xi All-in-One is working perfectly but is reporting errors in Device Manager. I've done the obvious things -- I've downloaded the latest software from hp.com (the filename is AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe) and tried to get windows to find a driver but can't seem to get rid of the message. There's also nothing useful that I found in the MS KB. Anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks!

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hi,

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run. the Run dialog appears,

Type %temp%, then click OK.

locate and enter into the HP Installation temporary folder, start with the 7Z characters.

If you can see several folders starting with 7Z, locate the latest one.

Click the Address bar area, then the full address path will appear,

Copy the full path location by clicking CTRL + P while the path is selected.

Enter the Device Manager.

Right click the printer name with the error mark, then click Update Driver.

Select the second option to manually locate the driver.

Paste the temporary folder path and click Next (Keep Include Sub Fulders marked), the driver should be updated.

Please let me know of any change,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my computer.  The printer works, but the device manager says that there are no drivers present.  I tried the suggested solution.  When the device manager looked in the selected folder, it said that the driver wasn't there.

HP Recommended

A solution  that worked for me on Windows 7 was uninstalling all the HP printer files on my computer then reinstalling as follows - in my case installing printer on a home wireless network. 

It may be wise to reboot before continuing on to the installation process.

Make sure your printer is powered up (turned on).

Access your installation from a CD, file or wherever and start running it.

• Click  "Add a Device".
  • Choose "wireless network connection 802.11"  Or one of the other two choices as fits your situation.
  • Select your printer by clicking on it.

One solution presented by Hsquared

HP Recommended

How to installed it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

bad times for me.

i`ve updated my bios (probook 6550b) and now i cant see my camera from windows ( win 7 64)

I`ve tried original drivers for camera, chipset drivers, etc.

The problem is that I dont remeber if i should see in bios options, because now I cannot see camera in bios.

When windows starts led doesn`t blink at all.

Any ideeas?

HP Recommended

I am afraid you are in the printing portion of the forums.  If you are having problems with your camera, do you mean your WebCam? 

Click here to post in the HP Products and Other Technology.

Click here to post in Notebook Hardware.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

the drivers for this device are not installed. (code 28)

HP Recommended

I also tried this. My printer works, but the "caution" remains. Still Code 28

HP Recommended

Hello rajeshhp

I understand you are having issues with your printer and the code 28 error. I would be glad to help you with this. If you could post some additional information it would be appreciated.

If you could post your product number for your printer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Product Number?

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bpy21016

Which Windows operating system am I running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

If you could respond with the requested information I will gladly assist you with your issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.