Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
DESKJET 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

entering the wifi direct pin code within the 90 seconds and I get the message that I does not work?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
WiFi Direct does not use PIN code. It uses a password. Print out your Network Config sheet to find your Wireless Direct password.
HP Recommended

Sorry but I first have to enter a WPS pin code before I can submit the printer, when I try this there always is a print out with a number that is valid for 90 seconds but I does not work every time

I pushed the button i and wireless together there is a print out with also Wps pin but I still does not work 

HP Recommended
How exactly are you connecting????? Are you pressing the WPS button on your router??? You did not mention that if you are.
HP Recommended

In configuration I submit a printer, it finds the hp 3630 an than I confirm it and a paper with a WPS pincode comes out valid for 90 seconds that has to be filled in on the screen that pops up

HP Recommended
Please post the SSID name you are trying to connect too.
HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem with a M402dw printer and Windows 10.

When I try to add the printer using WiFi Direct, the printer shows a PIN, Windows 10 asks for a PIN. You enter the PIN and nothing happens.

Windows 7 does not have this problem and adding the printer was smooth and easy.

HP Recommended
I have exact same prob. It's asking for a WPS code not SSID. I get a code by holding down info and wireless button then it dors not work. Also wastes loads of ink printing pointless text page in Chinese. Where do we enter SSID? PLEASE explain step by step how to get to that point...
HP Recommended
Imean the WPS code that Im given does not work, wven if used within 90 secs. Is it because software not finished installing?
HP Recommended

Same problem as below. My printer is a HP dj 3720. Drivers ok, connected perfectly by usb cable or wifi hotspot. By direct print, the printer write the WPS key, the pc ask for it, but nothing happen sice appear the message: timeout, try again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.