Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro 400 color M451dn

I have used my printer wirelessly by have Ethernet connection between printer and Apple airport router. I'm moving and can I use printer wirelessly without direct connection to router? (Printer & router in new place will not be near each other so the direct cable connection will not be convenient). Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Cary2

Not possible this is a M451dn D stands for duplex N for network (wired network) only the M451dw will have the option to have the wireless on 

The printer must have a wired network connection to the internet at all times 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I can't find anything that says that is a wireless printer.  However, you can still use Ethernet connections.

Just use Powerline Adapters.  Converts your house wiring in to Ethernet so your printer can be anywhere.  Try here.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Apowerline+adapters&keywords=powerline+adapters...

HP Recommended

Hello @Cary2

Not possible this is a M451dn D stands for duplex N for network (wired network) only the M451dw will have the option to have the wireless on 

The printer must have a wired network connection to the internet at all times 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.