Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET 5740
OS X

Just added new Officejet 5740 to home network, everything works except won't print Adobe PDF documents. Ok with Preview, .docx etc.  Running 10.10.1 on iMac.  Prints blank pages.  I have run into this in the past with my office HP Laser printer, but was able to fix.  Any general fix for the current problem would be appreciated.  Note that we did a clean install from the disc and had been running 10.10.1 for a week or so.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Once you check the Print as Image option, that remain default permanent unless you deselect the option in the future..

Give it a test with several files, if anything work as expected you may re-set Adobe as the default program.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

May you see any difference by opening the PDF with Apple's Preview and printing it or do you get the same results?

From Adobe Reader also try clicking the Advanced button within the print dialog and check the Print as Image option, then check for ny difference.

Additionally, have you tried any other PDF file to check if the same happens or not?

Please let me know the results,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. Yes, as I indicated in my question I am having no trouble printing anything but Adobe PDF's since installed this printer. Preview docs print just fine. 

As you suggested I made the change as indicated under the advanced setting  with a test document and it did print.  Does this work as a "default" now or will I need to need to go through this procedure everytime I print from Adobe Acrobat?  Right now I am using Preview as my default PDF application, but I would prefer to use Adobe Acrobat Pro when this issue has been satisfactily  resolved.

Again, I appreciate your help.  I upvoted but will wait to check the resolution button after I get your response to this follow up.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Once you check the Print as Image option, that remain default permanent unless you deselect the option in the future..

Give it a test with several files, if anything work as expected you may re-set Adobe as the default program.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I have tried the suggestion to "print as image" and had the same bad result - it prints a blank page. I have Adobe 6, have no problem with word files. I'm not a techy and if there is no simple sulotion, I'm going to have to return this! Very disappointing, as I have never had this problem with other printers.

HP Recommended

A no brainer solution for people like me: Use another app to open your pdf file. I downloaded FOXIT READER and worked smoothly. no need to do anything else. If i need to print I open the file with Foxit otherwise I keep using Adobe for everything else. Is that simple.bye.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.