Question

Student
ButchH
Message 1 of 15 (10,163 Views)

Air Print not working with HP 6510 printer

iinstalled HP 6510 printer onto my wireless network. All my PC's print fine and so does my smart phone,but I can not get my IPAD 2 to print via air print. Has anyone determined a fix for this issue?
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 15 (10,156 Views)

Re: Air Print not working with HP 6510 printer

I assume that Web Services are enabled on the front of the printer, right? Have you restarted your router (pull the power plug momentarily)?

Finally, make sure your iPad2 has the latest software (iOS 5.0.1).

I am employed by HP
Student
Wilm
Message 3 of 15 (9,928 Views)

from the app store on my ipad and iphone I downloaded HP eprint service and now I can print articles from my ipad and iphone to my new HP 6510 printer

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 15 (9,925 Views)

You should also be able to print from the built-in AirPrint - printing emails, web pages, etc.  Does that work?

I am employed by HP
Student
Alisteve
Message 5 of 15 (9,916 Views)

I have just bought a deskjet 3070a printer before Christmas to print with ipad2 but it isn't working. My dell laptop prints wirelessly ok to it and my iPad recognises it and says its sending it but nothing prints out. I have had an AirPrint printer previously which worked straight away & don't understand why this one isn't working. Can anyone help?
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 15 (9,915 Views)

Let's set a static IP address for the printer and in doing so assign the printer a different DNS:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

I am employed by HP
Student
mccann360
Message 7 of 15 (9,680 Views)

after setting up the static ip address as suggested i got the airprint from my iphone 4s to print one document now all i receive is the error no airprint printer found whenever i try to connect.  any other suggestions?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 15 (9,627 Views)

Restart your router and printer.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
AlexHayes
Message 9 of 15 (9,572 Views)

I can't even see my printer on my laptop even though connected to the same network and router can see both pc and printer.

PrintDoc wrote:

Let's set a static IP address for the printer and in doing so assign the printer a different DNS:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 10 of 15 (9,560 Views)

OK, download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation