Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Macbook running on lion 10.7.3 and i can't figure out how to print on both sides of the paper in my hp photosmart 5510 printer. Is there no driver that I can download so that the printer does it automatically ? I'm confused I think it is such a waist of paper if you can't print on both sides.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

The Photosmart 5510 hardware does not provide Automatic Duplex functionality as you may find listed by the spec below:

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=5063600&jumpid=oc_r1002_uken&lang...

Manual duplexing can be done by any of the methods below:

Method one: Perform manual print duplexing using the Page to Print setting:
In order to perform manual duplexing, you shouls use the Pages to Print setting, as you may find listed below:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01663233

Method two: Using the Two-Sided Printing application:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL35975/mp-88750-2/HP_Two-sided_Printing.dmg
You can access this tool by clicking the PDF button at the bottom of the print dialog, then select Two-Sided Printing and follow the on-screen instructions.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Option 2 is a DMG file - relevant to MAC users only - I Do Not Work for HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

i had installed the software for both sided printing for the same HP printer photosmart 5510 all in one, and it worked until I upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion. I then uninstalled the printer and installed it again, the same with the double sided printing software hp provides. It seemed to work until I press "Print" then nothing happens. If I do the test though it works perfectly. This means that the commands are right. There is something with the printing command. I wonder if there is a newer version of the software which is specific for Mountain Lion or if there is another compatible software. As to manually print Odd and Even way is quite a hassle.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, although in my case I only just downloaded and installed the Two-Sided Printing application. The test page prints fine, i.e. the `Do software training for selected printer', option prints correctly, but then nothing happens when trying to actually print document in question - to be specific, nothing happens when attempting to print the document using the Two-Sided Printing application regardless of selection of settings.

Has anyone managed to get any further or run into the same issue?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I am dealing with the same exact issue.  Now either the print button doesn't work or I get several pop-ups which glitch and then lead me to force quit the two-sided application.  I have downloaded new drivers, re-installed the two-sided app. Nothing is working!  

HP Recommended

Method 2 above  worked, thanks, but Im trying to get 2 pages per side, so first need to choose layout, then 2 pages per side,  but because double sided is still greyed I can't get document pages in correct order. Any ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.