Question

Honor Student
Maskopatol
Message 1 of 6 (8,857 Views)

Both Side Printing in HP printer photosmart 5510

I have a Macbook running on lion 10.7.3 and i can't figure out how to print on both sides of the paper in my hp photosmart 5510 printer. Is there no driver that I can download so that the printer does it automatically ? I'm confused I think it is such a waist of paper if you can't print on both sides.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (8,848 Views)

Re: Both Side Printing in HP printer photosmart 5510

Hello,

The Photosmart 5510 hardware does not provide Automatic Duplex functionality as you may find listed by the spec below:

http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/products/printers/product-detail.html?oid=5063600&jumpid=oc_r1002_uken&lang...

Manual duplexing can be done by any of the methods below:

Method one: Perform manual print duplexing using the Page to Print setting:
In order to perform manual duplexing, you shouls use the Pages to Print setting, as you may find listed below:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01663233&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

Method two: Using the Two-Sided Printing application:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL35975/mp-88750-2/HP_Two-sided_Printing.dmg
You can access this tool by clicking the PDF button at the bottom of the print dialog, then select Two-Sided Printing and follow the on-screen instructions.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Henrymjuk
Message 3 of 6 (8,107 Views)

Option 2 is a DMG file - relevant to MAC users only - I Do Not Work for HP

Student
princeofmalta
Message 4 of 6 (3,865 Views)

Hi,

i had installed the software for both sided printing for the same HP printer photosmart 5510 all in one, and it worked until I upgraded from Lion to Mountain Lion. I then uninstalled the printer and installed it again, the same with the double sided printing software hp provides. It seemed to work until I press "Print" then nothing happens. If I do the test though it works perfectly. This means that the commands are right. There is something with the printing command. I wonder if there is a newer version of the software which is specific for Mountain Lion or if there is another compatible software. As to manually print Odd and Even way is quite a hassle.

Thanks

Student
JJD01
Message 5 of 6 (3,763 Views)

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, although in my case I only just downloaded and installed the Two-Sided Printing application. The test page prints fine, i.e. the `Do software training for selected printer', option prints correctly, but then nothing happens when trying to actually print document in question - to be specific, nothing happens when attempting to print the document using the Two-Sided Printing application regardless of selection of settings.

Has anyone managed to get any further or run into the same issue?

Thanks

Student
Septrose
Message 6 of 6 (3,519 Views)

I am dealing with the same exact issue.  Now either the print button doesn't work or I get several pop-ups which glitch and then lead me to force quit the two-sided application.  I have downloaded new drivers, re-installed the two-sided app. Nothing is working!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation