Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Looks like this is a much bigger problem, as a bunch of people have the same problem I do.  resetting does not work, and the wireless failure on diagnostics is a big deal.  HP clearly has to figure out how to fix this.  My printer is less then a year old...

HP Recommended

I am also having the same problem with the strange USB device message and the inability to connect to the wireless network.  This happened after changing my router to new newer version.

Does anyone know of a fix?

HP Recommended

Print a Wireless Network test from the printer: Setup > Network menu. It will self-test the printer's radio, it may have failed.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Here's what I did to fix the problem:

Turned off Bluetooth ( for possible conflicts )

Setup> Network>Wireless Setup>Wireless Radio> :

- Turned off wireless

- Turned on wireless

Connected just fine.

Previous steps:

- reboot #6

- turned off bluetooth

- turned off wireless radio

- turned on wirless radio

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the same model. The problem is my printer also just went out of warranty.

I'm not sure if HP will honor this issue even if they are aware of the issues.

HP Recommended

This is how to contact HP support: www.hp.com/go/totalcare (click on Printers & Monitors for the phone number to call).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Since it looks like the issue is with the wireless functions of the device I just turned them off.  I used an extra Airport Express router to connect the printer to a USB port. Prints fine with that setup. I just don't get to use the HP scan software and utilities I used to. In the mean time I just ordered a wireless HP Color Laserjet. I'll keep this device for copying, scanning to SD card and sending faxes from the device locally. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Having the SAME problem with our printer which is less than a year old.  Printed same wireless FAIL test.  Can't get to chat with HP support because it can't find our warranty (though I DID register and even have the confirmation email.)

Hope this situation is resolved upon calling.  It's a shame this product was not built to last!  It's been giving us intermittent "printer disconnected" or offline type messages for some time and finally today, no more wireless.

HP Recommended
Thanks, worked, hope it sticks....fantastic
HP Recommended

YES!!! I've had the SAME Error Code for a year!!! Ready to throw my C309 out the window!!!

If I turn it off and reset I can usually get it to print immediately following- but only once! I have to reboot every print?!? I've been printing at my office- but as of late I've needed the CD tray- now I'm in a bind!

*Has any fix been discovered- other than my 2nd story window?!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.