Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The pages are printing and scanning crooked. Replaced paper, realigned--did everything we could think of.

This is the second of these printers we have had. Is this model a lemon? 

Thanks for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, there is not a front USB slot for PictBridge cameras, sorry.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Did you look for obstructions in the path the paper takes on its trip from the tray to the printing area?  Make sure to remove the rear door and look in there, take out the paper tray and look in there.  Use a flashlight.

It does not take very much to cause problems, a corner of a label, a torn off piece of paper lodged in the right area will do it.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

THANK YOU! 

Never thought to just check out the back of the machine. The back cover was a little loose and sending things off track. Appreciate your quick reply and help!

I have one more--maybe stupid question---I cannot find a USB port on the printer. I assume there isn't one? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

No, there is a USB port on the back, near the power plug.  Use a flashlight :).

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Thank you. Yes, I saw that. Sorry, I was talking about usb plug I could put a flash drive into instead of just having the card slots on the front. 

Thanks again! Really appreciate the help, even if you work for HP! ;-}

HP Recommended

No, there is not a front USB slot for PictBridge cameras, sorry.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have a C4780 printer and have had ENDLESS problems trying to print business cards.

The top margin is skew and I scoured the web trying to find a fix to no avail.

I did the "Paper feed cleaning"

and aligned the print cartridges numerous time.

Playing around with the margin setting does not help since the top margin is SKEW!

Please help since I've spent many frustrating hours trying to solve this problem and I'm about to throw away this printer.

I have the latest drivers on Windows7 and all my software (HP Solution Center) is up to date .

If I don't find a reasonable solution in the next few days, I'm going to give up and rest assured this is the LAST time I will ever purchase an HP printer.

HP Recommended

Use a flashlight.  Take out the paper from the input tray and look for anything obstructing it.   Look on the side on which the paper is "dragging".

Now, remove the rear door and look around in there for any little piece of paper, an old label or anything out of place.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Marked as solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.