Question

Top Student
Sigfrog
Message 1 of 3 (316 Views)

C7280 connection to iMac for faxing

I have an HP C7280 All-in-One printer and use an iMac that runs MAC OS X 16.6.5.

I have updated the HP drivers for the Snow Leopard, as well as upgraded the printer drivers from Apple for the Snow Leopard with HP printers.

I can print fine, but the Printer for faxing doesn't connect.  When I look at the HP Utility for the printer it shows the (fax)printer in red and says it is not connected.  The SystemPreferences>Print & Fax in the Mac shows all printers functioning and "idle".  If I fax from the Mac program "Pages" or from a web-page it works correctly despite what the HP Utilities says.

Any ideas on what's "not connected".  I've uninstalled the printers and reinstalled everything and the problem persists.

RSVP

Grad Student
yellstr
Message 2 of 3 (270 Views)

Re: C7280 connection to iMac for faxing

Hi 

Is HP Utility the only thing that is not working with a fax?

Does it work when you select non-fax printer in the list?

Top Student
Sigfrog
Message 3 of 3 (242 Views)

Re: C7280 connection to iMac for faxing

Hello -

Sorry not to have responded to you sooner.

The printer option in HP Utilities that is for the HP 7280 printer is green and prints fine.  The printer option that is the fax is red and doesn't fax a document from the Word for Mac that is in my iMac.  However it will fax a document from the Page program, or from a webpage, even though the Utility says it is "red" and Unconnected.  ????

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation