12-18-2010 04:04 PM
I have an HP C7280 All-in-One printer and use an iMac that runs MAC OS X 16.6.5.
I have updated the HP drivers for the Snow Leopard, as well as upgraded the printer drivers from Apple for the Snow Leopard with HP printers.
I can print fine, but the Printer for faxing doesn't connect. When I look at the HP Utility for the printer it shows the (fax)printer in red and says it is not connected. The SystemPreferences>Print & Fax in the Mac shows all printers functioning and "idle". If I fax from the Mac program "Pages" or from a web-page it works correctly despite what the HP Utilities says.
Any ideas on what's "not connected". I've uninstalled the printers and reinstalled everything and the problem persists.
12-27-2010 12:35 PM
Sorry not to have responded to you sooner.
The printer option in HP Utilities that is for the HP 7280 printer is green and prints fine. The printer option that is the fax is red and doesn't fax a document from the Word for Mac that is in my iMac. However it will fax a document from the Page program, or from a webpage, even though the Utility says it is "red" and Unconnected. ????
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software