Question

Student
allisonstrang
Message 1 of 2 (662 Views)

Can't get HP LaserJet 4000TN configured as a printer on my network. Using Cisco 800 series router.

I use exclusively Apple computers at my house.  I have a Mac Book Pro and a Mac Book.  I recently started a job that requires me to use a Voice over IP phone.  So I have a new Cisco 800 series router.  I use my old Qwest modem as basically a "dumb hub".  The DSL comes in through the old Qwest modem and I use transparent bridging.  From there it connects to the new Cisco 800 series router.  I also have a Cisco Aironet 1200 series wireles access point.  But I don't think that matters for this discussion.  I have my HP Laserjet 4000TN plugged in via Cat5 cord to the back of the Cisco router.  In the past I have always just plugged into the modem, printed a configuration from the printer, input the IP address in my Mac Book and I was off to the races.  However, that is not working this time for some unknown reason.  I print the configuration sheet from the printer and it says:

HOST NAME: NPIB79D07

CONFIG BY: DHCP

IP ADDRESS: 192.168.7.22

SUBNET MASK: not specified ---(not sure why.)

DEF GATEWAY: 0.0.0.0

SYSLOG SERVER: NOT SPECIFIED

and on and on

When I try to add the printer as an IP printer using either LPD, IPP or HP Jetdirect-Socket it gives me the following error:

"Unable to verify the printer on your network.  Unable to connect to '192.168.7.22' due to an error.  Would you still like to create the queue?"

If needed the IP address to my computer is 192.168.7.54.

I am able to connect my Brother printer just fine using the IP Address it grabs from the router when plugged in.  I just can't get my BEST AND FAVORITE printer, my HP to work.

Any help would be SO GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 2 (639 Views)

Re: Can't get HP LaserJet 4000TN configured as a printer on my network. Using Cisco 800 series router.

Hello Allisonstrang,

Thanks for the post.  With this model of printer, I might suggest posting this question to the below links, they should be able to assist you in getting this resolved.  Good Luck!

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation