Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Purchased a HP Laserjet M1536dnf MFP four days ago for use with an Apple MacBook Pro using OSX 10.9.4. I got it to print and copy, but keep getting the folllowing error message when attempting to scan:

“Scanner reported an error

HP Laserjet M1536dnf MFP is currently unavailable.

Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try

again later.”

Yes, it is connected and yes it is turned on. The version of HP Scan that was installed is 4.4.1

What can I do to get the scanning to function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Rpanz,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having an issue with scanning.

I suggest that you uninstall the software and drivers and then click on the following link for the HP LaserJet Pro M1536 Multifunction Printer series Full Software Solution - OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Please feel free to write back if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,  :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Rpanz,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see that you are having an issue with scanning.

I suggest that you uninstall the software and drivers and then click on the following link for the HP LaserJet Pro M1536 Multifunction Printer series Full Software Solution - OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Please feel free to write back if you have any other questions or concerns.

Cheers,  :generic:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks.

I did as you suggested and the scanning problem was fixed. But it created a new problem.

Before the fix I could print with the USB cable plugged into my AirPort Express.  Now in order to perform any function the USB must be plugged directly into the computer.

Any more excellent suggestions to correct this new problem?

HP Recommended

Hi Rpanz,

Unfortunately, plugging the usb cable in to the router is out of my support boundaries.  I do have a suggestion though.  Please try connecting an either net cable instead of the usb cable.  This should give you the functionality you are looking for.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Waterboy, once again, thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, the AirPort Express only accepts a USB plug. But the problem may be with my USB cable. I don’t believe it is the “High Speed” variant.  It’s over 10 years old and I’m fairly certain it is USB 1.0. I’ll purchase a new USB 2.0 “High Speed” cable and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi Rpanz,

Yes, by all means, keep me posted. 

Write me back when you have time and let me know the results.

Thanks again.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Waterboy,

Will certainly let you know.  I ordered the cable and it should be here by Monday (maybe sooner).

HP Recommended

Waterboy,

Unfortunately, a new Hi-Spped USB 2.0 cable did not cure the scanning problem. But all works fine as long as it is plugged directly into the computer and not the Apple Airport Express.

Thanks for the help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.