12-10-2011 11:01 PM
My printer: HP Officejet 7210 All-in-One
My first computer: iMac with 10.6.8
My second computer: iMac with 10.5.8
My router: Actiontec Q1000
Both computers are connected wirelessly to my router. The printer is connected to the first computer via USB, and printing works perfectly. I wanted the second computer to be able to use the printer over my WiFi network. So on the first computer, I have turned on printer sharing in System Preferences, checked the 7210 in the list, and speciified that everyone can print. On the second computer, I can "see" the printer in the print dialog and it has a green dot next to it in System Preferences. But when I try to print to it from the second computer, I get the following error.
fatal: Opening Printer Connection Failed: Unable to open the printer connection. Please check your printer connections and check for printer errors.
Any ideas what's wrong?
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software