Question

Tutor
Redstate
Message 1 of 11 (1,698 Views)

Change Wireless Connection to USB

Re:  Photosmart Premium Web C309n

I initially set up with a wireless connection because of the distance between my Mac and the printer.  But, apparentlly computer photos can not be transmitted for printing over wireless.  So I moved C309n close enough to  the computer so that it is now physically connected to my computer with a ten-foot USB wire.  First, is that still too far away?  And second, is there a quick way to change the connection from wireless to USB?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 11 (1,677 Views)

Re: Change Wireless Connection to USB

Printing pictures over wifi and via USB should not be noticeably different in ability, quality or time.  Something else is wrong.

You can change from wireless to USB by simply plugging the printer into your Mac, but do you really want to do that?

I am employed by HP
Tutor
Redstate
Message 3 of 11 (1,667 Views)

PrintDoc

Thank you.  You clarified much.  I have moved my C309n back to the more convenient original spot, and  will continue with the wi-fi.

Unfotunatelly, Iam still unable to print a photo from my computer.  Are there more detailed instructions for photo printing than the ones on page 22 of the manual.  Is there a tutorial?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 11 (1,658 Views)

What operating system?  Have you watched these tutorials?  http://www.apple.com/findouthow/photos/#print

There are more videos listed below the "screen" and other general topic above.  They are fantastic tutorials.

I am employed by HP
Tutor
Redstate
Message 5 of 11 (1,651 Views)

I am using 10.6.5.

I guess I  am a special case, as I do not use iPhoto.  I have all my pictures organized in my own separate folder.  My pictures are viewed and processed with Graphic Converter 6.5.2 (primarily) and Photoshop Elements 6.  This is my first effort at printing my own photo.  (Usually I put them on a CD for printing at my local Costco  or email them to a lab.)

I was not even able to look at the tutorial as it would not come up in the box, just an endless spinning disk.  Are there directions available for printing without iPhoto?  The directions on p 22 of the manual do not seem to correspond to Graphic Converter and Snow Leopard. 

Tutor
Redstate
Message 6 of 11 (1,633 Views)

It seems that my physically connecting the USB  wire stopped the Wi-Fi setup.  I cannot even print text onto regular paper.  So, first problem is now:  how doI get my Wi-Fi back?

Grad Student
yellstr
Message 7 of 11 (1,625 Views)

Hi

You said that "apparentlly computer photos can not be transmitted for printing". 

Could you tell what exactly is happening after you click the "Print" button on th eprint dialog?

Can you print other documents from other applications (Word, Notepad, Preview)?

Tutor
Redstate
Message 8 of 11 (1,615 Views)

Good news.  I uninstalled and reinstalled.  I can print text and photos on regular paper again.  But also, I can now wirelessly print computer photos on photo paper.  All is well.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Tutor
Redstate
Message 9 of 11 (1,565 Views)

The reason I could not print with GraphicConverter is that the browser had open was Firefox.  I have now learned that HP color printer doe not support Firefox.  The way I had come to be able to print photos was by use of Studio.  GraphicConverter works fine with Safari, with much more flexibility than Studio.

Student
LinhSteve
Message 10 of 11 (544 Views)

I have a photosmart 5520 set to print wirelessly. How can i change it back to print using usb cable?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation