Color LaserJet 2600n prints black over all other colors. Running Mac OS 10.6.6 (1555 Views)
Student
graphicangle
Message 1 of 21 (1,555 Views)

Color LaserJet 2600n prints black over all other colors. Running Mac OS 10.6.6

Updated to 10.6.6 and was printing fine for about a month. Started printing like this suddenly. Now even trying to print in grayscale causes solid black to print where color would normally be. Prints fine with other computers (older Mac & new HP laptop).

Teacher
Vishu_Coder
Message 2 of 21 (1,523 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2600n prints black over all other colors. Running Mac OS 10.6.6

Hey Pal!

Please open print & fax

Select the printer click on  minus sign...

Once printer icon deleted.

Click on  + sign.

It will search for your printer.

Select your printer and click on add

And then try to print again.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accept as Solution"

Thanks and Regards
vishu
Tutor
cashxx
Message 3 of 21 (1,458 Views)

Re: Color LaserJet 2600n prints black over all other colors. Running Mac OS 10.6.6

Thats not going to fix it.  Its a driver issue and partially firmware as well.  If you are running the latest firmware and the latest print driver of 1.3.0.261 seems to be the issue.  Apple couldn't reproduce the problem until I had them update the firmware on the printer and then it started to happen to them.  This was almost a year ago.  Would be nice to see this fixed.  Shame, have a $300 dollar printer and can't use it.

I had a workaround in 10.6.x, I believe installing the HP driver from their site for 10.5 and back was the fix.

Grad Student
IronBadger
Message 4 of 21 (1,450 Views)

Not really sure this is a class issue.

I have Mac OS 10.6.8 running the 1.0.3.261 driver and a CLJ 2600 with 20070716 firmware (latest on hp.com) and it prints as expected.

So I would at least try the reset print system option and see if it makes any difference.

I work for HP
Tutor
cashxx
Message 5 of 21 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thats interesting then.........

Are you talking about the reset printing option in OS X??   Tried that several times and can duplicate it with a fresh install of 10.6 as well.  Got Apple to duplicate it after a firmware upgrade when running the 1.0.3.261 driver.  But if you revert to an older driver while having the updated firmware then printing is fine.  

I have tried every which way to troubleshoot this and it keeps going back to the driver being faulty and maybe the firmware. Something is definantly wrong somewhere, I don't know how its working for you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3039371?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3039462?start=0&tstart=0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-printing-and-scanning/2600n-10-6-6-gt-black-pages/td-p/563933

Thanks,

Dan

Grad Student
IronBadger
Message 6 of 21 (1,441 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok. At this point I figure you have also updated to 10.6.8 so that probably was not the fix.

First thought is color tables on the Mac.

After selecting file and Print... select the Color Matching option in the driver.

Under there it should show Profile: Automatic and under that list the profile it is going to use.  Mine is kn_screenmatch_plain5.icc

What does your show?

Try changing this to sRGB and see what happens.  Click on where it says Automatic and then at the bottom select More Profiles.  In the list that pops up you should see sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (or similar) select this.  Click OK. And print.  Did that make any difference?

If that does not work...

Have you gone through and removed the print driver and tried reinstalling?

If not try this:

1) Download the latest driver installer from Apple http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

2) Use the Reset Printing System option of the OS.

3) Go to ~/Library/Printers and delete the hp folder - note this will have components for all hp devoces you may have.  so deleteing this will require you to re-install software for any other hp devices.

4) Reboot the Macintosh

5) Install the software from the HP Printer Drivers 2.7 update. 

6) Set up the printer again.

I work for HP
Tutor
cashxx
Message 7 of 21 (1,440 Views)

I recall reading somewhere else about the automatic setting and coudln't find it.  The thread I was reading talked like it was on the printer webpage.  I forgot to look on the mac side.  That may fix the problem.....will check it when i get home tonight from work at 10pm eastern.

Tutor
cashxx
Message 8 of 21 (1,433 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok changing the Automatic color matching option didn't work.  Have same files that you mentioned.     Reinstalled the driver following your directions and still no luck.  I knew that wouldnt' work I have reinstalled 10.6.0 with a reformat and installed the latest drivers before and got the same results with a fresh install with only the latest drivers installed.

Tutor
cashxx
Message 9 of 21 (1,428 Views)

Ripping into the packages from the 10.6.3 install cd, if I dig through it and pull out HP packages and get the HP folder in /Library/Printers and also get the 2600n driver put in place with the driver version being 1.2.0.224 it prints fine.   Go to the newer driver and it prints black haze over graphics.  I am stunned your printer is working fine with the latest firmware and drivers.

Grad Student
IronBadger
Message 10 of 21 (1,421 Views)

I will haveto test this again.

Just to be clear though.  Exactly what version of the Mac OS are you running?  What model of Macintosh do you have?  What does the firmware version say on your printer configuration page?

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation