Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Good afternoon, I hope you can help.

I cannot print in colour with my MacBook Pro on a Colour LaserJet CM1015.  The rest of the office is PC based and there is no problem but my documents are only produced in black and white.

We only had an installation disk for Windows so I downloaded the software for Mac on the HP website, but it's still coming out with no colour.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Nancy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you could mark this one as solved, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

What are the colour options you are using within the driver?  Make sure they haven't been set to Black or grayscale.

HP Recommended

Also check that you are using the HP PPD and not Apple's generic PPD.  You can check that by opening System Preferences, select "Print & Fax", double-click the printer in the list on the left, from the windows that opens select "Printer Setup", and in that sheet select the "Driver" tab.  If it says "Print using: Generic PostScript Printer", the easiest way to fix it is to delete your print queue, and add the printer again.

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your reply.  I checked and the HP PPD was set up in the driver tab and all the preferences were set properly.

I decided to print another document - and it worked!  I have no idea why or how, but if it works, I'm happy.

Thanks for your help!  :generic:

HP Recommended

It's magic!  😉

Glad it working now.

HP Recommended

Hahaha!  I knew it!

HP Recommended

If you could mark this one as solved, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

My HP Color Laser Jet CM1015 won't print color document in color. Need help! Sugg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.