Computer doesn't recognize printer (2669 Views)
Student
danskemand
Message 1 of 4 (2,669 Views)

Computer doesn't recognize printer

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the printer software for my HP C4680 all-in-one multiple times, but it won't send to the printer. The computer recognizes the printer's there, however. I think this problem started when I installed the MAC Snow Leopard onto my macbook. I'm out of warranty, but the HP guy suggested I ask these questions: 

1) How to reset the printing system

2) How to verify the repair disc permissions on the hard drive

Any help is much appreciated...Thanks!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 4 (2,653 Views)

Re: Computer doesn't recognize printer

If you are using Snow Leopard and have HP software for pre-Snow Leopard (either from a CD not marked as compatible with 10.6 or you recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and had the HP software on your Mac before you upgraded) you must uninstall the software using the 'scrubber' option:

Go to Applications/Hewlett Packard/ click on HP Uninstaller
Click on Continue
Highlight your device on the left pane
Hold the Ctrl, Opt and Cmd keys and click on Uninstall
There will be a pop up that asks if you are sure you want to uninstall ALL hp software. (At this point, if you continue, any HP printers you have installed will need to be reinstalled)
Click Continue and let it finish

Restart your Mac

Now, run a Software Update.

Finally, download and install the "Full Featured" Driver and Software from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP
Student
USMC1953
Message 3 of 4 (2,616 Views)

I have a HP Photosmart All-in-One printer D110.  I have set it up and it is on my system, I got it to use with my iPad.  The iPad has the latest updates but it will not contect with the printer.  What can I do.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 4 (2,611 Views)

First, make sure your D110 has the latest updates.  From the front panel: Setup > Preferences > Product Updates.

Tell me about your network - router brand/model, encryption type (WEP, WPA, etc) and ISP type (DSL, Cable, etc).

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation