HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-27-2012 11:19 PM
Hello, I bought this printer 3 months ago. It was printing and scanning perfectly both with Ehternet connection and wireless, with Windows Vista and Mac OS.X 10.5. I left for 45 days, when back I cannot print in wireless, but only in ethernet , and the scanner, in ethernet, scans half page. The blue light of connection is blinking slow; both my computers work well in wireless. When I send something to print it says "printer not connected". What I did: I moved the printer to another place of the room, close to the computer which catches wifi. Still blinking light and printer does not work. On my Mac, I deleted the printer from the printer list, (System preferences etc), now I have re-installed it and, when I launch the Print, the print windows says <Network host "is busy; will retry in xxx seconds> and the blue light is still blinking slow. But then it does not print!! The printer still works with cable, but I would like to use wifi. Also the scanner scans half page and this is a problem I could not solve either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-28-2012 02:54 AM
Please try the following:
- Turn both the printer and the Mac off.
- Unplug the router, replug it after 10 seconds and allow 1-2 minutes, then turn both your orinter and the Mac back On.
- Temporary plug the printer to your Mac by USB
- Enter System Preferences > Print & Scan and remove any existing print queu of the printer by clliking the minus sign.
- From the Applications folder, enter the Hewlett-Packard folder, open the Device Utilities folder ad launch the HP Setup Assistant.
- Follow the steps to reconfigure the wirelss connection.
- Unplug the USB when prompted to do so.
Try printing and scanning from your Mac.
From Vista, click Start > Programs > HP > HP Deskjet 3050 Series.
You should see any option listed as Update IP Address or Reconfigure Setup, then you should see an option to Add a Device.
Please let me know of any change,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution