Question

Top Student
Hoffdog
Message 1 of 8 (6,876 Views)
Accepted Solution

D110A and AirPrint iOS 4.2.1

[ Edited ]

Just thought I'd post what I did to get Airprint to work on my D110a. Pretty easy actually just upgraded my printer firmware to the newest release. From the printer screen hit the tool icon. This takes you to the Setup Menu. Click Ok on Preferences.  Right arrow on down to Product Updates and hit OK to select. Your printer should connect and ask to install the new firmware. One more Ok was all it took for me. After my printer downloaded and installed the update it printed another ePrint Info page. In my case the code and printer email address were exactly the same so no action was required. Hope this helps someone. 

228 Honor Student
Honor Student
Message 2 of 8 (6,402 Views)

Re: D110A and AirPrint iOS 4.2.1

Having the same problem. Followed the instruction but says I am current. What now? This is frustrating!!
Provost
PrintDoc
Message 3 of 8 (6,385 Views)

Restart your router and your iOS device.

I am employed by HP
Student
Determined007
Message 4 of 8 (5,160 Views)

Have and HP D110a Printer and the IPad 2 doesn't even see it. I have it connected to my network. Latest firm ware on printer. I have 3 windows based computers and they print fine through the Airport extreme router using bonjour.

Anyone have an answer? I thought that it would automaticlly recognize it. It Doesn't. Both router and Ipad have been turned off and back on.

Thanks

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 5 of 8 (5,148 Views)

Is the D110 connected via wireless?

Are you sure the printer and the iPad are on the same network (neither to the Guest Network)?  Is the iPad OS updated?

I am employed by HP
Student
Yvon
Message 6 of 8 (4,762 Views)

I have the D110A, the iPad iOS 4.3.3 and iPod Touch 4.3.3 all on the same WPA secured network.

I have installed the latest firmware on the printer (which was just purchased yesterday) using the printer's own control panel.

Neither the iPad (rebooted) and the iPod Touch can see the printer. And the word AirPrint does does appear on any part of the printer, printer screen, or printer's embedded Web server.

Any new suggestions? Thanks.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 7 of 8 (4,759 Views)

Restart your router.

I am employed by HP
Student
DPNC
Message 8 of 8 (4,062 Views)

Thank you!  This worked perfect for me.  I upgraded firmware on my HP D110a and also my new iPad2 - no rebooting at all - it just works!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation