HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-20-2012 12:02 AM
We've got an HP DesignJet 1050C that is on the LAN. We've installed the newest MAC driver for this plotter from HP's website (http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
- Under setting and printers, I added a printer
- It detects a "Nearby printer" : ‘DesignJet 1050C (C6074A) [E289DE]…’ which I select but then fails to automatically get the driver: Setting up ‘DesignJet 1050C (C6074A) [E289DE]…’ The software for this printer is currently not available....
- I then click on "Add Printer..." and select a DesignJet 1050C (C6074A) [E289DE] (Bonjour) from the "Default" list
- I the clink on the "Print Using" dropdown and "Select Printer Software". I the select "HP DesignJet 1050C PS3" from the list and click OK.
- I the "Add" the printer and it shows in the print list with a green light next to it indication it is "Online" & Idle
The problem is that when I print, nothing is printed. I've tried this on 2 Macs running OSX 10.7, exactly the same problem. This is really frustrating since there are no errors but nothing is printed. Can you please assist?
DesignJet 1050C (C6074A)
HP JetDirect: J7934A
Firmware Version: V.29.20
IP Address 192.168.1.50
Hardware Address: 000E7FE289DE
06-20-2012 09:50 AM
Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907
Reset the printing system:
- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
This still may not work as I am not sure the JetDirect interface is supported with this printer and 10.7.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos star in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP