Question

Honor Student
dezphaire
Message 1 of 18 (9,443 Views)

Deskjet 2515 isn't scanning to my computer

Hi! I recently purchased the deskjet 2515 because of its scan-to-computer button.

The unit works - both printing and scanning (if initiated through the HP Application on my Mac).

But when I tried to use the scan button on the printer, the power button blinks and then nothing happens. I have downloaded the manual and it says that it should save in a default location. However, the light of the scanner and the "scanning" itself doesn't even turn on.

Do let me know if I missed anything.

Thank you!

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 2 of 18 (9,411 Views)

Re: Deskjet 2515 isn't scanning to my computer

Hi there,

Could you provide the community with a little more information to help narrow troubleshooting? What version of OSX are we using?

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
dezphaire
Message 3 of 18 (9,396 Views)

Hi! I've been conferring with Jason of the Email Support Team. 

It turns out that the installation was incomplete and I had to do it over. At first the scanner settings couldn't be tinkered with but after restarting (twice) I finally got to adjust the settings on the application.

It now works fine :smileyhappy:

Kudos to HP for such wonderful aftersales service! 

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 18 (9,373 Views)

dezphaire,

Glad to hear you are back up and runnning. Let us know ASAP if you have any further problems:smileywink:

Best of Luck!

You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
thunderway
Message 5 of 18 (7,822 Views)

Hi i bought New Hp Printer All in one HP 2515
am i install the cartiges to run the scanner ????
or i must instal the cartiges to use the scanner ???
Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 18 (7,804 Views)

You will need to install the ink in the printer to clear any error messages that are preventing you from using it.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
thunderway
Message 7 of 18 (7,802 Views)

hi

i fixed it .... no need to install the ink

i didn't install it till now :smileyhappy:))

i found that there is the problem of the usb cable when i changed it

the scanner is running well :smileyhappy:)

thank you

Honor Student
MathEducator
Message 8 of 18 (6,729 Views)

I recently bought a brand new HP Deskjet 2515. I brought my laptop at the store so the employees will be the ones who will install it on my PC. I have no CD-ROM so its really necessary. Printing jobs and copying jobs are fine but scanner is not working. I already clicked the option "Scan a Document or Photo" and even press the scan button on the printer itself but still, it doesn't respond. It is such a burden to go back at the store which is about 6 km from my house. So please help.

Honor Student
MathEducator
Message 9 of 18 (6,723 Views)

I managed to fix my problem. I tried HP Print and Scan Doctor. It helps. :smileyhappy: "Tagal magrespond ng mga tao sa forum na to!" (The people in this forum are very late to respond!) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Student
Giovannia
Message 10 of 18 (6,514 Views)

Deskjet 2515 isn't scanning to my computer Or it appears to but where does it go?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation