Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi dannyweloveyou,

Follow the steps in the document below.

Unable to Connect to a Wireless Network When Using WEP Encryption and Shared Key Authentication

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

i changed my HP DESKJET 3050A printer over to wireless then when i try to print a picture it wont, a thing comes up asking for the output file name?

HP Recommended

Hi 74porths,

This sounds like you are attempting to print to a file instead of to the printer.

What is the opeating system on your computer?

What application program are you attempting to print from?

Did you make sure that the printer is set to be your default printer in devices and printers?

Please capture a screenshot of your application print window in order for me to better understand what is happening.

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the Deskjet 3050 and whilst it worked for ages with wifi it has now stopped. I have followed all the instructions with regard to HP Helpdesk and re installed the cd and checked for updates. 

The computer cannot find printer and I am losing the will to live.

I am not at all techically minded, I just have children who need to print homework!!

Please can you guide me through using laymans terms and break down the instructions??? I don't know anything about WEP/WPA etc etc!!!!

Please help???

Thank you xx

HP Recommended

HI soccermom622,

Follow the steps below to restore network defaults, and then reconnect the printer to your network.

1. Press the wireless button on the printer control panel

2. Press settings, and then navigate to restore defaults or defaults

3. Open Uninstall a program from the Control panel

• Click on Start
  • Click on Control Panel
  • Click on Uninstall a program under the Programs section
  • Click on HP Deskjet 3050, and then click on the uninstall button.

4. Restart your computer, and printer

5. Follow the document below to install the printer, and reconnect it to your network.

Installing the Printer Software in Windows for a Wireless Network Connection

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue but not w/a MAC a PC. After using the printer wirelessly, Deskjet 3050 J610, for months w/o issue it went w/my daughter off to school now it will no longer work wirelessly. I have downloaded the latest drivers from HP on 8-18-13, unistalled and re-installed, confirmed using Scan-Doc from HP the printer is working fine a shown in the printer test pages, ie it pass ALL the testes listed & states there are no issues. I've also rebooted PC & printer numerous times. I can print using a USB cable. The odd thing about the behavior is the print que shows the job printing over the network and then clears but the job never prints & there is no error indication in the que or on the printer. The new wireless network is recognized by the printer (blue light constant). I spent a lot of time on this and got no where. Can you offer any other suggestions?

Wireles Router: Belkin N450

Laptop: HP G62-340US

ISP: DSL

Security: WPA-2

McAfee antivirus 2013

HP Recommended

Hi preston215,

Is this network your own personal network or the schools network?

If it is the schools network then you will want to make sure that they do not have limitations setup to keep people from adding devices to the network. Some of the things to look at would be proxy settings, Mac address filtering, ect.

If this is your own network you will need to see what IP address is assigned to the printer, and then try accessing the EWS- Embedded Web Server by typing the printers IP address into the address bar of Internet Explorer to see if you get information about the printer. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I had a deskjet 3050 that was working wirelessly fine until I had to change to a mac router (sq footage reasons)....and it instantly stopped working.  Would like to start by saying to anyone reading this that the customer support line is worthless and borderline insulting.  They were trying to sell me stuff to "speed up my computer..." that is brand new and works fine.  DO NOT WASTE A SECOND OF YOUR TIME CALLING THEM.

Now my printer wont work (my mom's is the same way) unless I pay them to fix it.  Any help or should I just drop this thing out the window?! 

Computer is a toshiba windows 7.

I'm good with computers but not very "techy" with how to find out all of the info that I need for help.

Help! Help! Help! And thanks in advance!

Andrea

HP Recommended

HI abr1234,

When you changed to a new router your printer is still attempting to connect using the IP address assigned to it from the old router. Follow the steps below to restore network defaults, and then reconnect the printer to your new router.

1. Press the wireless button on the printer control panel

2. Press settings, and then navigate to restore defaults or defaults

3. Open Uninstall a program from the Control panel

• Click on Start
  • Click on Control Panel
  • Click on Uninstall a program under the Programs section
  • Click on HP Deskjet 3050, and then click on the uninstall button.

4. Restart your computer, and printer

5. Follow the document below to install the printer, and reconnect it to your network.

Installing the Printer Software in Windows for a Wireless Network Connection

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

have a MacBook Pro, running OSx 10.6.8 (I've heard too many problems about Lion to upgrade to 10.7).

I have just recieved a Deskjet 3050 J610a from my parents.

I have a TIme Capsule 802.11n (4th generation) router that supports several connections.  It connects happily to my MacBook.

I  downloaded the 10.5 - 10.6 drivers and software from the HP website becasue this printer was passed down to me without the install CD or the USB cable.  I have done that a couple of times.

I clicked on the dialogue box in the set-up programe asking if I wanted to install the printer through a wireless connection. 

I think that the wifi network name and password are correct.

The modem indicates that an additional device is connected to it whenever I turn on the printer, and one less is connected when I turn the printer off.

I have gone into the router settings and they conform to the suggestions in the HP Wireless setting advice page e.g., channel 10,  Hardware address (MAC): 98:4b:e1:42:60:88:6d, WPA PSK seccurity, DHCP enabled.

When I put the IP address that the printer gives me into the Safari browser it says that it cannot connect because the address does not respond.

Under my system preferences>printer and fax> it shows Deskjet 3050 J610 series [42B537].  it has a green dot next to it, and is described as "idle".  

I printed a "Wireless Network Test Report" which says "No problems found. Congratulations on the successful setup of your wireless printer".

I can do everything OK if I select the Deskjet 3050 J610 series printer (i.e. the USB identity), but nothing happens when I select the Deskjet 3050 J610 series [42B537] identity. 

I also get an error message from the HP Utility when I click on either printer identity that says :

"Some components installed on your computer were developed for another version of HP Utility. These components will not be loaded and some functionality related to your device will not be accessible. Please click HP Support item on the toolbar to visit HP Online Support site and download the latest versions of HP software."

I have only installed software from the HP site for the exact model I'm using.  I did the uninstall, and reinstalled.  So I don't know why HP is telling me I've got incompatible software elements.

I needed a wireless printer to share with my 3 roommates, i needed it to get wireless connection.  It doesn't give me that.

I have spent over 12 hours in total trying reinstalls, reading HP "help" (Ha Ha) pages, and posts and answers on this forum.  If I costed it, my time outweighs the price of the printer many, many times over.  Next step is to hire a professional to come and install it, again, likely a couple of times the cost of the printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.