Deskjet 3520 on Mac 10.6.8 Spool Full error (184 Views)
Student
HFBW
Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

Deskjet 3520 on Mac 10.6.8 Spool Full error

Suddenly from no-where my working Deskjet 3520 suddenly stops printing, goes idle according to the print page, and subsequently tells me the 'spool is full'. Have tried this and other forums to find the probelm including removing and re-installing the printer and powering off the unit and on again. Now it won't even find the printer when i try to reinstall. Yay! The unit is also wired to my mac so I do not ahve a clue how to fix this. Coincidentally its almost out of toner in 2 cartridges but doubt this is linked as it's never done this before when cartridges run low........

Please can anyone help  asap. I have a real backlog of docs I REALLY need to print.

Thanks

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (162 Views)

Re: Deskjet 3520 on Mac 10.6.8 Spool Full error

[ Edited ]

Hi HFBW,

I can not say that I have an easy fix, or a document specific to this particular issue, I can however assure you that I am here to help and I do have some ideas.  :smileyhappy:

Unplug the printer USB cable, and please use the instructions below to uninstall and clean up the Mac of HP software.

Scrub

• Open the Applications folder > HP or Hewlett Packard folder > HP Uninstaller
  • Click continue, click on one of the printers in the list.
  • Hold down Control, Option and Command
  • While holding the three buttons down, Click uninstall.

Reset Printing System

1. Click the Apple icon (   ), and then clickSystem Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click  Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Repair Disk Permissions 
  1. On the Dock, click Applications, and then clickUtilities.
  2. Double-clickDisk Utility.
  3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
  4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions  button at the bottom of the window.
  5. Once the repair is complete, restart the computer.
  6. Restart the computer.

Last step > Connect the USB cable, download and install the HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8.

This last step is assuming you have the Deskjet 3520 e-All-in-One Printer deskjet3520e.JPG

If you have, the older deskjet 3520 (I don't think you do), older 3520.JPG you probably would not have found software on the computer to have 'scrubbed', but can reset the printing system and repair disk permissions and then use this driver > HP Print Driver for Mac OS X 10.6.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, thanks.
Click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation