Question

Top Student
JoanVeld
Message 1 of 3 (309 Views)
Accepted Solution

Deskjet 5440, MacBookPro, OS X 10.6.8. Quit printing from computer documents. Test Print is OK.

Deskjet Driver is 3.3.1

Deskjet 5440, MacBookPro, OS X 10.6.8.   Printer quit printing from computer documents.  Test Print is OK.

When I try to print, the Print dialogue box looks normal, and it disappears when I click Print, making a chime sound.  But nothing prints.  The Print Queue says Printer Ready, but the item Status says "Error".

Please help.

Joan

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (293 Views)

Re: Deskjet 5440, MacBookPro, OS X 10.6.8. Quit printing from computer documents. Test Print is O

HI Joan,

Please try resetting the printing system.

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Fax.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now click the Plus sign, add the printer and check for any change.

If there is still any problem, make sure the printer directly connected to your Mac with a USB not longer than 2m length without using any hub or extention which reduces the power.

Also try using a different USB port of the Mac.

As well try replacing the cable if there is no change.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
JoanVeld
Message 3 of 3 (279 Views)

Re: Deskjet 5440, MacBookPro, OS X 10.6.8. Quit printing from computer documents. Test Print is O

BRAVISSIMO.  Printer worked after resetting!

Thanks much.

Joan

ShlomiL wrote:

HI Joan,

Please try resetting the printing system.

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Fax.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

Now click the Plus sign, add the printer and check for any change.

If there is still any problem, make sure the printer directly connected to your Mac with a USB not longer than 2m length without using any hub or extention which reduces the power.

Also try using a different USB port of the Mac.

As well try replacing the cable if there is no change.

Please let me know of any problem,

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation