08-31-2009 10:44 AM
Photosmart 7400 series. According to list: "Apple posts ..incompatibele"
The ps 7400 is not listed but several (numerous) posts on the Macworld forum indicate problems.
Although I have family pack of 10.6 it seems a good idea to just cool it for awhile and let everyone get their work done. And yep, I think there was plenty of time for hP and other majors to have been prepared ... but ... that just isn't done anymore. We are enablers and they are bottom line addicts (don't spend a nickel 'ti you have to.)
08-31-2009 10:49 AM
08-31-2009 02:11 PM
08-31-2009 03:04 PM
One actually said when Apple says Sept we target Sept 32
Love it!! Long time as general contractor and a lot of the subs and suppliers tend to think the same way. Owners and users, on the other hand, think FIRST of September.
09-01-2009 06:24 AM
09-01-2009 08:18 AM
The Officejet 5600 series is officially supported by HP on Mac OS X 10.6, try following the directions on this page to setup your printer.
09-01-2009 09:24 AM
Got the Deskjet F4180 to print.
How I did it:
1. Completely uninstalled HP software - go to HP Device Manager, on the 'information and settings' dropdown at the bottom click on 'uninstall your HP software' then uninstall it all.
2. Go to www.hp.com and find your way to driver downloads.
3. Download and reinstall the driver for OS 10.5 (I skipped the feedback and registration bits).
4. Configure your printer.
It printed from Word for Mac with some lines down one side but these had gone when I saved it as a pdf and printed from Preview.
Still, proper drivers would be good.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software