Question

Honor Student
clubdeluxe
Message 1 of 3 (7,181 Views)

Duplex printing with Microsoft Office for Mac & HP CP 2025 DN

I finally converted from PC to Mac - now I wonder what took me so long.  

My only issue is duplex (two sided) printing from Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 to my HP Cp 2025DN color laser.  On my old PC, there was a little check box on the main print dialog box asking if I wanted to print two-sided.  The PC would "remember" my preference for my next document.

On my Mac, to print two-sided from any Microsoft Office document, I have to remember to select "layout" from the print dialog box, then check the "two sided" button.  When I go to print again, of course Microsoft Office forgets this.  I hate wasting (and paying for) extra sheets of paper.

The other applications on my Mac always ask if I want to print two-sided.

I feel like Microsoft is punishing me for going to the "dark side".

Can't HP update the printer driver, or lean on Microsoft to fix the dialog box in Microsoft Office to make it easier to print two-sided?

Student
ChrisBurrows
Message 2 of 3 (6,237 Views)

Re: Duplex printing with Microsoft Office for Mac & HP CP 2025 DN

Since it's a network printer, hopefully you're making use of the built in web interface feature.  Open a web browser and type in the IP address of your printer and press enter.  This should display the web interface of your printer.  Click on the settings tab and then click on Paper Handling from the options on the left.  Fourth option down in the right column (or main field) is Duplex.  Change that to On.

Done

If you are connecting to your printer via USB, you'll have to play with the settings on the printer itself till you see the duplex option.

I know the question was asked a while ago, but since I just dealt with a similar issue and know the answer to this one, I thought I'd go ahead and answer it so that the next person that has the same question as you will find the answer here.

Cheers,

Chris

Honor Student
clubdeluxe
Message 3 of 3 (6,230 Views)

Re: Duplex printing with Microsoft Office for Mac & HP CP 2025 DN

Hi Chris,

Thanks for offering up that solution, unfortunately I have already tried it.  The problem seems to be in Microsoft Office for the Mac - the driver for the printer doesn't default to duplex printing.  Every time I print from Microsoft Office, I have to go to print layout to start duplex printing.  Other applications, such as Google Chrome, seem to remember that I prefer to print on both sides of the page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation