Ethernet connection OfficeJet 6500A (1602 Views)
Honor Student
lkz9799
Message 1 of 3 (1,602 Views)

Ethernet connection OfficeJet 6500A

I have just got my new OfficeJet at Boxing Day (the day after Christmas) and I am still trying to connect my printer using ethernet connection. It is just not stable. Sometimes my Mac finds it and sometimes it doesn't. But my broadband modem router have always received the connection. What is the problem? My friend said it might be the IP Address kept changing or something. Technically it should work, and it did for a while. Anyone else having the problem? How do I fix it? It is quite important for me.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (1,579 Views)

Re: Ethernet connection OfficeJet 6500A

Hi,

Please check & follow this:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00389927.pdf

Regards.

ps Boxing Day, must be very cheap. Did you wait for the right time ? :smileyhappy: Few friends came over from Canada, I did not have time.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
lkz9799
Message 3 of 3 (1,555 Views)

Re: Ethernet connection OfficeJet 6500A

You see, that's the exact problem. Yes it did work for... 45 seconds, but it just automatically went offline :smileysad: I guessed I have done everything correct but.... things just doesn't work on me.

(I actually have been experiencing network hard drive sharing as well, it might be other deeper problems.)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation