Question

Student
mlondon88
Message 1 of 2 (19,836 Views)

HP 2015d constantly going OFFLINE... Help please !

Hi,

I have an HP LaserJet 2015d connected by USB to a MacPro running OS X 10.6.2 and the latest HP drivers downloaded from Apple.

The printer is constantly going Offline. I am able to print one job, but then the next time I print the printer shows as Offline. To get it back again, I have to remove the printer driver, turn off the printer, turn the printer back on and re-add the driver.

I have tried everything I can think of including:  

- Loging in with a fresh user account

- Resseting the printing system

- Cleaning out my CUPS and other caches

- Checking the USB cable and ports

- Printing from another computer.

I have a feeling this might be an OS issue as the printer seems to be working fine otherwise. I did not have this problem before upgrading to OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard" 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Matthew

Student
RobNC
Message 2 of 2 (19,623 Views)

Re: HP 2015d constantly going OFFLINE... Help please !

Mine is doing something similar.

Just for background, I contacted HP last year and they sent me a firmware update on a SODIMM module.  Sort of irked me a little, as I bought a 256MB SODIMM and there is only one slot.  That was to fix a problem with the device suddenly disappearing off the network.  Only solution is to power cycle.  Here are some good hits to relevant issues:

Laserjet P2015 does not awak from sleep mode

HP LaserJet P2015 firmware upgrade

Firmware upgrade - forum post

2015 always going offline

Laserjet P2015 Formatter Issue Possible Solution!!!!

P2015 formatters - need 50..are they debugged yet?

So this is getting quite long and old, so just go here:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=413

and search for 2015 - you'll see after the first couple of pages there are a lot of support pages hits.

So, being that you are using the USB, perhaps it is similar to the problem that others are having here?

I know it's locked up if the green light is on but yet it doesn't respond to any button (i.e., press blue ready button for a second, supposed to print a status page).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation