04-03-2014 12:19 PM
Please read carefully, going to be extremely detailed,
I was trying to scan something with my HP 335 and noticed when i save it down to the desktop, the image was distorted. Found out that the HP scan app and old Mountain Lion software had issues. So i followed the steps to unistall the software and reinstall the printer/scanner with the apple update provided by HP. So that is what i did, after the unistall i rebooted, installed the F335 and it shows in the printer and scanner settings. When I try to print, the mac says it had failed to open a session with the printer. When i tried to scan the mac says the same thing.
Followed the steps to unistall the new update(in the /library folder), and re updated the MAC. The updater software found that HP update 2. something (i just did this 03 April 2014 its the latest), the update installed successfully. THERE ARE NO OTHER UPDATES THAT MY MACHINE NEEDS. Tried to go through the process again on HP's website to install the printer drivers. The printer is still giving the errors on scanning (doesnt matter where i try to scan the image preview or under the printer/scanner setting in the settings menu) and printing (won't print from any application).
I'm at a lost, cause now my MAC is telling me when I open up the printer or scanner in the settings menu in big bold blue letters, that i need to go to the manufacturer and download and install the manufacturers drivers FROM the manufacturer.
If any body has anything else other than what HP's website is telling me (maybe some MAC trick) please help cause I tried everything that HP support help and instructions and at a loss. Also to let you know the printer is installed directly to my Mac Book pro late 2011 model with the latest version of Mavericks. i tried 3 different USB cables as well as a brand new one purchased from the store. This printer worked with the old mountain lion driver, it just didn't save the file and wouldn't scan correctly.
04-04-2014 02:53 PM
Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907
Restart your Mac.
Reset the printing system:
- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and then next to the "Use" pulldown, select the printer model (not AirPrint). Wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Try scanning from your Mac. Use Image Capture app in your Applications folder.
Click once on the scanner on the left side, then click on Show Details along the bottom. Along the right side you will see LOTS of options for scanning and saving.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software