Question

Honor Student
MonroeDave
Message 1 of 2 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a Mac OS 10.6.8.

my HP3520 prints OK via USB cable but when trying to print visaa wifi, i get the error message,or "Printer is offliine".

i was getting the error message;  "Host is busy", before i loaded the HP 2.12 SW found on a link in this site.

i have reset the printer, deleted all print queues, reloaded the driver, unplugged router (Arris TG862), printer , restarted may times in different sequences, but nothing has worked.

the HP utility shows the device info, but is does say "device status: unknown". not sure if this means it actually cant find the printer.

under system preferences,  "Print and Fax", the left window says it is "In Use".

the printer test page shows everything working (PASS), with my network name, etc.

My wireless network is displayed on the printer.

the printer is also shown in the Mac utilities, but the status is shown as "Processing"

when i type in the ip address in a new browser window the printer shows status of ready,  and i can print the network config page from there via wifi.

The Firewall is set to off.

the only thing i see is tht the airport utility does not show any AirPort wireless devices. not sure if this could be the issue but dont know how to fix if it is.

I have the Ethernet cable attached and airport (wifi) on.

not sure where to take it from here.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 2 (1,418 Views)

Hello MonroeDave,
Thanks for the post and the detailed information! Check the link below for some excellent t-shooting steps to get this "printer off-line" message resolved. Good Luck!

http://goo.gl/ZtnzY
I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation