HP C6150 All-IN-ONE Not Printing in Color (3971 Views)
Intern
esamax
Message 1 of 9 (3,971 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP C6150 All-IN-ONE Not Printing in Color

My C6150 stopped printing in color.  According to your Widget I have a full cartridge of black ink and over 1/2 full cartridges of all my other colors.  They are all HP ink cartridges.

I went to printers & fax in System Preferences and confirmed the ink amounts.   I went to "utility" and opened the print utility which also confirmed that my levels were good.

I am using Mac OS 10.6.  I previously went through the process (with your help) of deleting all my previously HP files and downloading the 10.6 software and everything worked fine until now.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 9 (3,951 Views)

Re: HP C6150 All-IN-ONE Not Printing in Color

Delete and re-add the printer in the print queue:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Select the printer in question and click the minus sign at the bottom of the list
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

If this does not work, do the same thing, only instead of the second step, right (control) click the print queue area and select Reset Printing System.

I am employed by HP
Intern
esamax
Message 3 of 9 (3,949 Views)

Didn't work.

Let me more clearly define the problem.

I have no problem printing color pictures from Adobe Photo Elements.  

My problem exists when trying to print color text from Microsoft Office, 2004 or 2008, from emails, and from stickies.

In other words, any text document even though the colors are showing up on the monitor.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 9 (3,940 Views)

Strange.  Did you reset the printer?  Turn off, unplug from back of printer, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.  Retest.

I am employed by HP
Intern
esamax
Message 5 of 9 (3,937 Views)

never mind - now the machine will not scan either - got this message (The scan cannot be performed because another program has control of the HP imaging device.  Try the following steps.  After each step, try scanning again). There is no other program.  I turned off both the computer and the printer, restarted and got the same message.  This has happened before. I can't deal with this any more.

this is the worst printer I have ever owned - it has been a headache from the day I got it - works perfectly for a few weeks and then up comes a problem - take a look at my history with this machine - it wouldn't even make a good paper weight

thank you for your efforts - since you are not speaking for HP, do you think I would be better off with another brand or is there an all-in-one HP that works flawlessly with Leopard Snow 10.6?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 9 (3,930 Views)

I would never recommend another brand.  I am in my third decade working with HP's inkjet printers and there is nothing better...the grass is indeed not greener.  At least the hardware (where I spent most of my time).

Tell me what you need and how much you want to spend and I will recommend an HP.

I am employed by HP
Intern
esamax
Message 7 of 9 (3,917 Views)

At this point I need an all-in-one that works flawlessly with Leopard Snow 10.6.  I print a lot of pictures and I do a lot of scanning. My preference is that it also be wireless. Price is secondary. $200 to $400.

Thank you

Teacher
Brent
Message 8 of 9 (3,904 Views)

[ Edited ]

The scanner issue seems out of the blue... connectivity/software and power could all be issue. 

The color issue sounds frustrating but really doesn't seem like a printer or 10.6 problem.... more configuration/app related? Hmm. Something to double check, from an MS Word document for example. Have you checked the File menu > Page Setup and ensure Format For: is set to your specific printer. Also, when printing is the preset set to Standard or something else?

Photosmart Premium might be a good all-in-one choice, or if you do more color documents/graphics on plain paper than photos on photo papers you could consider the Officejet Pro 8500 Series.

Intern
esamax
Message 9 of 9 (3,901 Views)

Ok: Scanning now works:  I deleted all HP files per a link previously given to me by your people. I changed the cable and reinstalled the HP software.

I then went to print and found something in the print drop down menu:smileyhappy: where you pick the printer (I also have an HP laser) that said something about "color matching" - I clicked on it and it printed in color.

Hopefully, problem solved.

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation