HP D110 Photosmart paused / Idle when trying to print from MAC OS 10.5.8 (3198 Views)
Honor Student
gsadleriii
Message 1 of 4 (3,198 Views)

HP D110 Photosmart paused / Idle when trying to print from MAC OS 10.5.8

I got the printer installed with updated software from HP and also ran software update in MAC.  Connection is wireless.  Printer will scan with wireless command from MAC.  Printer will print test page from HP Utility application via wireless connection. Here's the problem...

Once I scan a doc, I cannot print it.  I press print button in the HP Scan application, which sends the job to the printer.  But the printer goes into pause mode and won't print.  When I press the "Resume Printer" button, it spools as if its going to print (but doesn't) and goes back into pause mode.  I also have this problem when trying to print a document from the document folder (not scanned)...the printer looks like it is going to print then goes into pause / idle mode.

How to I solve this?

Top Student
wwarrior36
Message 2 of 4 (2,976 Views)

Re: HP D110 Photosmart paused / Idle when trying to print from MAC OS 10.5.8

Had the same problem myself using Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Try this:

System Preferences> Print&Fax> add printer> click the IP tab> in the Protocol box, switch from "Line Printer Daemon - LPD" to "HP Jetdirect - Socket", then input your printer's IP address.

Then, of course, make sure you print from the new printer you just added. Hopefully it all works out for you.

Student
jerseyjenny77
Message 3 of 4 (2,937 Views)

thank you so much!!! you are awesome!! i have been messing my my new d110 for hours now couldnt get it to connect, found a way around that, then couldnt get it to print, then I saw this post and it worked awesome!!! thank you soooooo much!!

Student
starr2007
Message 4 of 4 (2,148 Views)

HP D110 is in pause mode and I cannot get it out of it.  Suggestions on how to fix.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation