12-21-2010 11:19 AM
I got the printer installed with updated software from HP and also ran software update in MAC. Connection is wireless. Printer will scan with wireless command from MAC. Printer will print test page from HP Utility application via wireless connection. Here's the problem...
Once I scan a doc, I cannot print it. I press print button in the HP Scan application, which sends the job to the printer. But the printer goes into pause mode and won't print. When I press the "Resume Printer" button, it spools as if its going to print (but doesn't) and goes back into pause mode. I also have this problem when trying to print a document from the document folder (not scanned)...the printer looks like it is going to print then goes into pause / idle mode.
How to I solve this?
02-27-2011 02:22 AM
Had the same problem myself using Snow Leopard 10.6.6. Try this:
System Preferences> Print&Fax> add printer> click the IP tab> in the Protocol box, switch from "Line Printer Daemon - LPD" to "HP Jetdirect - Socket", then input your printer's IP address.
Then, of course, make sure you print from the new printer you just added. Hopefully it all works out for you.
03-04-2011 10:51 PM
thank you so much!!! you are awesome!! i have been messing my my new d110 for hours now couldnt get it to connect, found a way around that, then couldnt get it to print, then I saw this post and it worked awesome!!! thank you soooooo much!!
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software