Question

Honor Student
TJPak
Message 1 of 8 (197 Views)

HP Deskjet 3520

I bought the wireless version of the Deskjet 3520. The printer is certainly wireless.

For me Mac I went through the process and downloaded the following:

file://localhost/Users/tariqjafar/Downloads/Deskjet-3520-series_v12.23.0-4.dmg

It eventually comes to " the software is curently unavailable "

So, there is no wireless printing (my reason for buying it) and through the USB it only prints, no Scan.

What do I do ?

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 8 (164 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3520

Hello TJPak,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see you are having issues installing the Deskjet 3520 onto your Mac computer. Does this error "the software is curently unavailable" appear while downloading or when trying to install the software?

I was able to locate the software you mentioned, it covers 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, which is your Operating System?

Try restarting your computer, check for updates on the Mac and try to install the software again.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
TJPak
Message 3 of 8 (159 Views)

This error comes up AFTER downloading, when installing the software.

I am using OS X Version 7.5

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 4 of 8 (146 Views)

We will try a fresh install method. I would like you to perform what is called a Scrub of the HP software, to do this go to Applications> HP> HP Uninstaller. Once the uninstaller opens hit "OK" or "Continue", before hitting "Uninstall" you need to hold down Control, Option & Command then click uninstall. You will be asked if you would like to remove all HP software (or something like that) and you do.

Reset the printing System on the Mac, Mac OS X: How to reset the printing system will help guide you. Repair disk permissions once the reset is done, and finally restart the computer.

Here is the link for the download: HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X 10.6, OS X 10.7, OS X 10.8.

Let me know if the installer works now.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
TJPak
Message 5 of 8 (110 Views)

Tried all that you suggested. Have removed all printers & restarted Mac. Then downloaded and installed from your Link.

While installing, it comes up with "The following disk images could not be opened. Deskjet-3520-series_invalid checksum"

Please advise. My MacBook Air is OS X 10.7.5

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 6 of 8 (103 Views)

I found some information in the Thread: download error, invalid checksum digit answered by Charles001. It suggests to try downloading in a different browser or to skip the verification of the file.

I found a way to turn off the checksum feature, open Applications> Utilities> Disk Utilities, click Disk Utility from beside the apple icon and click preferences, then un-check checksum.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
TJPak
Message 7 of 8 (62 Views)

Followed your advice and got rid of the "check sum" error.

While installing it mentions an error while installing SmartX; the scanner does not work. It also needed new cartridges as yellow (not printed anything in yellow) and black (printed about 5 pages of text) showed empty.

New cartridges made no difference. Won't scan.

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 8 of 8 (56 Views)

Are you using Parallels? While looking up SmartX, Parallels was really the only information the was brought back.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation