HP ENVY 100 Blinking On light and no control panel (1900 Views)
Honor Student
lisahaskins
Message 1 of 7 (1,900 Views)

HP ENVY 100 Blinking On light and no control panel

Hello,

I just bought a HP envy 100 all in one printer (D410a). I'm running Mac OSX. It is working fine printing wirelessly but the control panel does not light up with instructions to scan, copy etc. Also the on/off button constantly blinks and I'm not sure if this is normal. When I first opened it the control panel worked so I was able to follow the instructions to install but since then nada. Any help would be most gratefully received.! Thanks, Lisa

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 7 (1,868 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 100 Blinking On light and no control panel

Hi Lisa,

Do you see any error message appears on your printer screen?

As well, please clarify your exact Mac OS X version (Apple Icon > About This Mac)

First, i would recommend you to install the latest firmware for your printer:

1. Temporary connect it by USB

2. download and run the firmware update recovery tool and follow the on screen directions:

This tool will reset a device from an unresponsive condition where the device Front Panel displays the message "Do Not Power Down during Update". This issue may occur when wireless connectivity is lost during a web services product firmware update. It is critical that you read all of the install instructions before using this tool. You may want to print the instructions prior to running the tool.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL37909/mp-92884-2/HP_Firmware_Updater.dmg

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
1a2b3c
Message 3 of 7 (1,824 Views)

Same problem.  Critical Patch update worked for 24 hrs and then the problem repeated and now it never displays the control touch screen.  Any other suggestions.  Product just purchased is still under warrenty and was properly registered but Hp help site claims it doesn't recognize the numbers. 

Honor Student
lisahaskins
Message 4 of 7 (1,819 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the response, for some reason I didnt get an email saying it was here for me to see so I only just checked back. 

First, no....there is no error message on the printer screen. The printer works fine when I print from my laptop or iPad its just that the control panel is black. Since I never had a message like you mentioned 'do not power down during update' then I wonder if installing the firmware update will help. Right now I am scanning using the desktop tool which works okay so I am hesistant to do anything that will then mess this up.

Thanks, LIsa

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 7 (1,809 Views)

Hi Lisa,

Unfortunately it seems like an hardware fault. please contact the HP Support Center, as it seems like your printer will most likely require a service.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
BiasedCoug
Message 6 of 7 (1,779 Views)

I have the problem with "Do Not Power Down during Update" problem. I downloaded the firmware update as instructed, but continue to get a "Device is Busy" error message. The update will not load. Of course the device is busy . . . the printer is trying to install an update (has been for a year). I really need this fixed. Any suggestions?

Student
schwen
Message 7 of 7 (1,013 Views)

control panel on Envy 100 flickers, shows black & white lines

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation