Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2130
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

I just bought Deskjet Ink 2130 all-in-one printer.
After downloading HP Easy Start (ver2.1.0.66), I tried to download the essential software, hp easy scan and HP uninstaller.
But it failed after input my password, it says Cannot install software.  The software cannot be installed.  Try again later.
I tried many times but got the same result.

HP_Easy_Start_png.png

HP_Easy_Start 3.png

I ensure that my internet connection is fine and my Mac OS password is correct as well.

So how do I download the software as I intend to use this printer right away? Or is there any direct download for those files ?

I'm on Mac OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan.

Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @FingFing

I see you are unable to install the software using the HP Easy Start. Please try the following file I found on the HP Website. 

The full solution software includes everything you need to install and use your HP printer. This collection of software includes the complete set of drivers, installer, and optional software.

File name: DJ2130_61.exe

If this resolves the issue, please click the Accept as Solution to identify your inquiry as solved!

Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyn2005,

Thanks to get your reply.  But I can't find Mac OS X printer/scanner drivers, not Microsoft Windows drivers.  Please kindly provide the MAC drivers direct link to download.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

FingFing

HP Recommended

Oh no, I didn't even notice it was a .exe and not the .dmg. I thought I pulled that file from the Mac section on the driver support page, my mistake. After taking a second look, I do only see the HP_Easy_Start.app.zip file. 

What if you try this link instead? I started with 123.hp.com, entered your printer model, and got this link: Download your installation software.

Please try this and let me know if it works. Thanks, and thanks for your patience.  

EDIT: I opened this page and downloaded the file to a Mac, turns out it is just another path to the HP easy install, thus I suspect you will experience the same outcome as before. 

Let's circle back and try to determine why the software won't install.  Please try the following steps:

Reset Printing System

1. Click the Apple icon ( ), and then click System Preferences.
  2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax/Scan. The Print & Fax/Scan  dialog box opens.
  3. Right-click (or  Ctrl  +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
  4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
  5. Type the correct Name and Password.
  6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected
Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Repair Disk Permissions
  • Click on your desktop so that next to the Apple icon it says Finder, then click on Go (you will see this next to Finder after File, Edit and View).
  • Under Go, click on Applications.
  • In Applications select Utilities.
  • In the Utilities folder you will see Disk Utility, double-click this icon to open the Disk Utilities.  
  • Click on your Hard drive, then click on First Aid. Click Okay to allow it to run. 

Once the repair is complete, restart the computer and download and install the HP Printer Drivers for OS X

After you have completed all of the steps above, please try the Easy Start software again. Let me know if this works. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyn2005,

I tried your steps:

1. reset printing system

2. executed First Aid to repiar disk permission

3. redownload HP Easy Start and tried to install software again

But it got the same message.  The software cannot be installed.  Try again later.

Please help.  Thank you very much.

Rgds,

FingFing

HP Recommended

Hang in there, I will do all I can to help. I am going to reach out to a colleague and will get back to you as soon as I have something to suggest. Thanks for your patience. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

As promised, I reached out to a colleague (a couple actually) and it seems to be a consensus that the issue is not likely the Easy Start software instead it is likely to do with the computer. 

One colleague said this - It's basically the system saying "give me your password to prove you are allowed to download this software".  It's probably an Admin password and not your regular password.

This makes sense to me. Have you tried reaching out to Apple to see of they can assist? Have you tried installing anything else to see if you get this message and if you can bypass it? 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have read this stream and have the exact same issue. 

I have tried numerous times - I do not agree with the suggest that it is a Apple password issue. 

After beginning the install - Yes Apple asks for my password, I enter it and the installation begins. 

Goes along downloading - I believe to the Envy 4500 - gets to 85.1 MB then presents that message. I have re-downloaded the sfotware from HP site to laptop and tried up to 6 times, always the exact same result. 

I first was connected WI-FI to the printer, then changed to USB - both have same results. 

What else can it be? Not sure how in the middle of the download screen HP can suggest it is Apple's issue. I only have a single Admin password and I have been past that point. 

Appreciate your next idea/recommendation. 

HP Recommended

I understand your point of view. Let's try installing the Easy Start on another user account. Installing on a new user account will help determine whether the issue has to do with your user profile.  This document says it applies to Yosemite, but the steps would be the same for El Capitan: OS X Yosemite: Set up users on your Mac.

Please let me know if the software installs on the alternate user account. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi mwallner,

Your case is stopped while downloading software about 85.1MB, but my case just cannot start any download progress.  So I think there is different issue.   Your case should be related to HP side server overload, so slow down the download speed.  I've experienced same situation as you.  I used 3 hours to completely download 3 software (total less than 300MB) because connection too slow, I retried download many times.

BRs,

FingFing

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.