12-01-2010 08:22 AM
Hi! First time user here... I recently aquired a monochrome printer - HP LASERJET 5000; and have aquired a serial/usb cable for it so it directly connects to my Mac (MAC OS X Version 10. 4 11).
I have tried a few things, but have not yet been able to get it to print. Do you guys have an tips/tricks? I did not get a installation CD with this.
Not the smartest dog/cat when it comes to this.
12-02-2010 10:37 AM
Have you got a driver for the laserjet?
If not, go to
from where you can download the appropriate driver.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software