06-24-2011 11:25 AM
A few days ago, my HP Color LaserJet 3600n had no problems. After it was off for 3 or 4 days, I was printing again and it ran out of paper. Now it will not recognize that there is paper in the tray. I have turned it off and on, taken the paper out and put it back in again, jiggled everything I can see on the tray, etc. but the problem persists.
When I manually fed paper into tray 1, it printed from the printer memory. When I printed from the menu button it recognized that there was paper in the tray and printed from tray 2.
06-27-2011 02:20 AM
Please check that your print job settings allow the device to print on the paper from the tray 2.
For example, if you selected Glossy Letter in the print dialog, but loaded Plain A4, printer would not take it.
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP AirPrint-Compatible Wireless Printers - Printing Over a Wireless Network with Apple's AirPrint FAQs
- Scan from OS X v10.9 Mavericks With the Full Feature HP Software for HP Multifunction Printers
- Scanning in OS X v10.10 Yosemite Without HP Software